Visiting the Florida Keys is near the top of my KickAss Bucket list. Here is a list of places I want to visit in the Florida Keys.
1. Witness the legendary sunsets at Mallory Square. Watching the glowing pink, orange and red sun sink into the Gulf of Mexico horizon sounds like a dream. The Key West Sunset Celebration takes place every night. **Update – check out the photos I took of the sunset here.
2. Visit the Hemmingway Home and Museum. The photos of the home and museum look gorgeous, the grounds are lush and there are over 40 cats that live there.
3. See some dolphins up close. I would love to swim with dolphins but I am a wee bit scared. **Update – I did not see any up close but some swam by the boat while we were in the Gulf of Mexico.
4. Despite my fear of water, I would LOVE to go snorkeling. How amazing would it be to go to Key Largo and see the Statue of Christ of the Abyss.
5. Islamorada has two coral reefs ( Alligator and Pickles) that are in shallow water (15-25 feet of water) and would be cool to see in person.
6. How fun would it be to pet a shark! The Key West Aquarium has touch tanks filled with sea creatures and tours where you can pet a shark.
7. Buy a Conch shell.
8. Kick my fear of water and bridges in the ass and drive on the Overseas Highway. The Highway spans from north of Key Largo to Key West. There are 42 bridges over the waters of the Atlantic Ocean, Florida Bay and the Gulf of Mexico! OMG……can I do it?! **Update – I did it! Check out my photos of the 7 Mile Bridge!
9. Visit Wanderlust store as I love the name and would love to see local creations.**Update – gorgeous store and I wish I had photos.
10. Eat at Blue Heaven restaurant. It is highly recommended and the menu looks delicious.
My friend Sandy from Canadian Blog went to the Keys and wrote a fantastic post about her trip.
Do you have any suggestions that I should add to my #kickassbucketlist?
Latest posts by Ann (see all)
- 13 Fun Facts About Key West - January 23, 2018
- Colour Your Way to a KickAss Life - January 2, 2018
- Porter Airlines Flies Direct to Melbourne, Florida - November 30, 2017