Daytona Beach is one of my favourite places to visit. The sun, sand and surf…..it is paradise. One item on my KickAss Bucket List is to have a condo by the ocean and Daytona Beach is one of the top places for my condo.
Here are 5 fun facts about Daytona Beach and why I keep going back to visit.
1. Daytona Beach has 23 miles of white sandy beaches. Pedestrians can access the gorgeous beaches 24/7 for free! Discover the boardwalk, pick up some shells.
2. In 1902. Daytona Beach was the site of the first automobile and motorcycle races.
3. Cars are permitted to drive in certain areas of Daytona Beach. The cost is $10 per car and well worth it! The speed limit is 10 mph. Whenever I go to Daytona, I like to park for a while, play in the water and then go for a slow and leisurely drive.
4. The tallest lighthouse in Florida is located at the southernmost point of Daytona Beach called Ponce Inlet.
5. Daytona Beach is home to the Daytona Speedway. The Speedway recently underwent a $400 million upgrade. Amazing to see in person! Here is a photo of the 2016 winning Daytona 500 car.
While walking along the gorgeous beach, I wrote myself a note. A reminder to live each day in a KickAss way!
I hope you enjoyed my 5 fun facts about Daytona Beach.
Have you been to Daytona Beach?
Latest posts by Ann (see all)
- 13 Fun Facts About Key West - January 23, 2018
- Colour Your Way to a KickAss Life - January 2, 2018
- Porter Airlines Flies Direct to Melbourne, Florida - November 30, 2017